Welcome! We are excited to announce that the 2018 MSG Annual Scientific meeting will be held in Oxford, England on September 17-19, 2018. We encourage all members of the neuromuscular community regardless of race, ethnicity or gender to attend. We welcome abstract submission for posters presentation from all.
Register today for the 2018 Muscle Study Group Annual Meeting, set to take place Monday, September 17, through Wednesday, September 19, 2018, at St. Catherines, Oxford, England. Information on the venue and travel:
Room Reservations and Ground Transportation
Register at the bottom of this page. Registration is $175 per person. Cost of the room will be $110 per night. This includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the school.
Underrepresented Neuromuscular Minority Travel Awards
The Muscle Study Group aims to encourage all members of the neuromuscular community regardless of race, ethnicity or gender to attend our annual meeting. In order to better to serve this group of individuals, we are offering fully paid travel awards. This will include economy airfare and lodging at St. Catherines during the duration of the meeting. If you feel you would qualify for a travel award please reach out to Abe Teferra at email@example.com or Laura Herbelin at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Abstract/Poster Presentation Information
The following are guidelines for abstracts/posters to be presented at the Muscle Study Group Annual Meeting, September 17-19, 2018. Note: the deadline for submission is July 01, 2018.
This year we will again offer the opportunity to have your abstract published in the Muscle and Nerve journal. When preparing your abstract, please follow the AANEM guidelines for submission.
- The title of the abstract should be fully informative.
- The names of all authors should be included as follows: R. Barohn, M. Hanna*, R.C. Griggs** (Kansas City, KS; London, UK*; Rochester, NY**)
- Abstracts should be 150 words or less. The abstract must adequately describe the objectives and results of the study so that the quality of work can be evaluated by the Muscle study Group Executive Committee.
- The abstract should include the following components:
- Objectives (or Case Report)
- Receipt of abstracts will be acknowledged via e-email to authors upon successful submission.
- Notification for those abstracts selected for presentation will be sent by August 1, 2018.
- If your abstract is accepted for a platform, you will be allowed to present during the platform session either on Tuesday, September 18th from 3:00 to 3:50 or on Wednesday from 9:00 to 9:50. You will be given 10 minutes to present.
- If your abstract is not chosen for a platform and your poster is accepted, the poster session will be in the evening of Monday, September 17, 2018 from 8:30 till 10:00 pm. Poster size will be 120cm (3.937 ft.) wide by 100cm (3.28 ft.) high.
If you present a platform presentation or you have a poster, your registration fee will be waived and we will pay for your lodging at St. Catherine’s. We will reimburse you for reasonable travel expenses. Reasonable travel expenses include economy airfare, 1 checked bag fare, food and non-alcoholic drinks while traveling, airport fees and travel to and from the airport.
Date(s) - 17/09/2018 - 19/09/2018